Brother Ignatius Perkins, OP Papers
The collection houses material from Brother Ignatius Perkins’ academic and professional career. Material includes publications (articles, journals, book reviews), presentations (conferences, academic ceremonies, special events), and associated materials (presentation slides and notes, correspondences, pamphlets) dating from 1969-2021.
Brother Perkins took a broad view of the problems of the public health system and its impact on individuals and communities. As an administrator and educator in nursing programs, Brother Perkins aimed to shape the field of nursing to address what he identified as areas of need and opportunity. The materials in Brother Perkins’ collection reflects his interest in issues including homelessness and poverty, patients with HIV/AIDS, community access to healthcare resources, victims of abuse (children, women, elderly), aiding congregations of men and women religious, preventative care, end of life care, and the education and training of nurses.
- Majority of material found within Bulk 2000-2019
Biographical / Historical
Brother Ignatius Perkins, OP holds a Doctor of Philosophy, 1987, from The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC; Master of Arts in Education, 1981, from Spalding University, Louisville, KY; and a Master of Science in Nursing, 1976, from The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC.
1.7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Brother Perkins arranged his material into eight volumes, each containing a range of years. The folders within each volume are labeled by year and contents.
All materials are in good condition.
- Bioethics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Care of the sick -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic learning and scholarship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christianity and the social sciences Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nursing ethics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brother Ignatius Perkins, OP Presentations and Publications
- Brigid Crawley
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- 1st Edition